Horticulture/ Gardening Apprentice GROUNDS MAINTENANCE SPECIALISTS LIMITED
Grounds Maintenance Specialists Ltd is looking to bring on board a new apprentice to join their very friendly and professional team of grounds maintenance staff to support them in carrying out works on their commercial sites.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
20 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working with a small team of gardening and landscaping operatives to:
- Use relevant tools, equipment and machinery to carry out training in grass cutting, weed control, hedge cutting/trimming.
- Recognise the importance of Health & safety in the workplace.
- Use relevant personal protective equipment.
- Clearing away of debris, leaves, etc.
- Learning the safe use of pesticides.
- Fence erection, garden development and landscaping.
- Sports Pitch Maintenance.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 in Horticulture Operative (Soft Landscaping) with the possibility to progress to Level 3.
All workplace based with occasional workshops at Kirkley Hall to gain:
- First Aid Certificate
- Pesticide Spraying Certificate
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would like to employ an apprentice to work and train within our teams with the view to them becoming a full time employee once they complete the apprenticeship period.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-2 or A*-E or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)