Vehicle Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship (Dagenham) Fix Auto Dagenham
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Fix Auto are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their busy Repair Pod in Dagenham. Learning how to provide industry leading repair services to clients and provide them with support during the repair process.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
Holiday Entitlement (Min 20 days + 8 bank holidays or 28 days)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
08 Sep 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn how to remove and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems.
- Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment.
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques; sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing.
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair.
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair.
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Accident Repair Technician apprenticeship standard.
The programme lasts for 30 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training. The first block is two weeks followed by individual one-week blocks. Residential accommodation will be provided if required for the candidates.
Candidates will work towards achieving the Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard for the Automotive Bodyshop Industry at Level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. In addition to this, as part of the programme the employer is offering additional off the job training to achieve the following qualifications, in order to bring the candidate to the required skills level for Multiskills Technicians.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)