Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Knights Pharmacy, a hospital and health care company based in Ferryhill.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, telephones, printers, and scanners.
- Basic network cabling.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and printers.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Providing technical support across the company this may be in person or over the phone.
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary, ensuring old equipment is recycled correctly.
- Testing new in-house developed software.
- EPOS - providing first-line support for Knights pharmacies.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.