ZF Services are looking to take on 2 new apprentices to gain the skill set, knowledge and competence required to re-manufacture mechanical and electrical assemblies within the production unit.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
08 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dismantle complex engineering components in accordance with pre-determined work instructions
- Inspect individual component parts and assemblies for deterioration, wear and serviceability and to provide failure analysis on said components
- Use inspection measuring and test equipment to determine component conformity
- Re-assemble complex engineering components in accordance with specification
- Work on own initiative and as part of a team to solve work related technical problems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Maintenance and Operations apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes the diploma and the advanced diploma in Manufacturing & Engineering.
This programme is delivered via a day release model, meaning that in term time, you will attend one day per week at our engineering innovation centre in NG17.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession. You will experience a blended learning model. You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
ZF services are committed to keeping your skills at the highest possible level at all times. They do this using a variety of training options which may include higher level apprenticeships in the future.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)