Business Administration Apprentice - Technical Cost Estimator SERTEC GROUP HOLDINGS LIMITED
An excellent opportunity to join the Commercial team in a leading, forward thinking automotive company. Our exceptional success is based upon our constant awareness that our people are our most valued resource and we work together to be the best at what we do.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
20 Aug 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Analyse enquiries received by Sertec and establish the suitability of the enquiry
- Generate quotations for specified customers in response to
- Requests for Quotations (RFQ’s) received
- Ensure that all data supplied to the customer is accurate and is presented in a professional and timely manner
- Monitor enquiry deadlines and ensure the customers are notified if the date cannot be met and the reason why with the best possible alternative
- Create project documentation in agreed format to show capacity requirements and contribution data applicable to customer RFQ/quotation
- Ensure all orders are processed through a contract review that includes price validity, payments terms and economic batch quantities
- Establish and develop relationships with all the key personnel with the customer base
- Support weekly APQP meeting to ensure the smooth introduction of project parts into the manufacturing plants
- Develop relationships with key customer engineers to ensure any Sales opportunities are identified and acted upon
- Ensure working environment is kept clean and tidy, ensuring the security of our customer’s confidential information
- Any other ad-hoc duties deemed necessary to assist the commercial department
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- An assessor from In-Comm Training and Business Services Ltd will visit the successful candidate once a month for a period of twelve months in order to deliver the qualification
- The candidate will also be expected to attend In-Comm Training and Business Services in Aldridge, on block release, for additional ad-hoc training as part of the 20% off the job training provision
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completing this apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be able to take up a full-time role as a Technical Cost Estimator and study towards a further higher qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.