Material Stores Technician Apprentice UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
As a Materials Stores Technician Apprentice, you will play a vital role in ensuring an efficient flow of goods between suppliers, manufacturers and our skilled customer base (staff / students). Day to day you will be operating a trade counter used by our students to purchase model making materials and supplies.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
04 Oct 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsibility for managing stock levels in the shop and reordering supplies as necessary.
- This will require forward planning to ensure adequate resources are available for customers at all times.
- Carrying out card transactions for shop sales.
- Taking delivery of goods from suppliers, sign for goods received and store goods in the correct location for the shop or workshop area.
- Maintaining and restocking the shop, including ensuring a clean and safe working area at all times.
- Assisting with flexible space setups, including moving furniture and organising equipment.
- Populating the recycling centre, including maintaining and restocking offcut materials for re-use by students.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 Trade Supplier standard, This will be aided by an assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning within the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Potential to progress into permanent position within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
MEADOWHALL TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.