Apprentice Manual Machinist DIETECH ENGINEERING COMPANY LTD
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Machinist based in Blackburn, Lancashire The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Machinists manufacture precision components on a lathe or milling machine. A skilled Machinist has the ability to follow drawings and accurately replicate component parts that will keep a production plant running or which are sold to customers. Traditional machining utilises a manual lathe or milling machine, which usually requires continuous operator attention.
# Main duties to inlcude:
* Carrying out user checks on machinery
* Loading and clamping tools and materials into machine
* Operating machinery safely
* Unloading and inspecting finished components to ensure required specification
* Cleaning down machinery and disposing of waste materials
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
* L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence).
* L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge).
* L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining.
* L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a manual machinist apprenticeship. For the right person they could move on to CNC machinist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.