Safety Health and Environment Technician Apprentice WATES GROUP LIMITED
At Wates, we understand that our work can make a significant and lasting impact in the communities we operate within. Our business supports the regeneration of communities and helps to improve living standards for tenants, breathing new life into their properties and creating places that people are proud to call their home.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Supporting the SHE team which will include but is not limited to:
- Adhering to and promoting all required health, safety and welfare policies established by the facility
- Undertaking activities to support compliance with health and safety legislation, e.g. fire safety checks, safety signage audits, first aid checks
- Administration of computer and database systems, including maintenance of records and preparation of documents for issue
- Assisting with the display screen equipment (DSE) assessment programme, e.g. reviewing DSE self-assessment forms, and assisting with workstation assessments
- Assisting with incident investigations, causation analysis, identification and implementation of corrective actions, and presentation of data
- Supporting the audit and inspection programme by assisting with audit scheduling, gathering of evidence, and identification and implementation of corrective actions
- Assisting with the delivery of virtual and face-to-face health, safety & environment training for staff and students, e.g. new starter inductions
- Supporting EHS engagement events and activities
- Supporting the EHS team’s commitment to continuous improvement of health & safety management on site
- Positively influencing safety behaviours in others and helping to resolve health & safety challenges
- Undertake site visits (nationally) to support the business safety strategy and any project specific requests that may require a visit to a site to be made.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Onsuccesful completion of the apprenticeship there is an opportunity to gain further experience within the Wates SHE teams
During your apprenticeship you will undergo remote learning through live webinars, forums, one to one's with a dedicated learning coach with constant feedback and coaching through RHG Consults team of experienced learning coaches
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the programme you will have the opportunity to progress with Wates SHE team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
RHG CONSULT LTD
Safety, health and environment technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.