Business Administration Apprenticeship Bus Network and Performance Support Officer West Midlands Combined Authority
Working across the Bus Network and Performance Team, and with other teams within TfWM and WMCA, to support the management of the network to mitigate the impact of planned and unplanned activities on bus operations and passengers. Supporting the effective delivery and management of the West Midlands Enhanced Bus Partnership.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Analyse bus service registrations (timetables) for services which operate in areas with service or infrastructure standards as part of the Enhanced Partnership (EP). Interpret the data to ensure that the service registrations meet the require standards of the enhanced partnership and specifically relating to bus stand ‘slots’ in the EP areas.
• Maintain an accurate database to support the management of available ‘slots’ at bus stands in on-street bus interchanges with specified standards as defined within the West Midlands Enhanced Partnership.
• Provide timely summary reports to operators and the wider team of any incidents where service registrations do not meet the requirements of the infrastructure with standards specified in the Enhanced Partnership.
• On request provide timely reports to bus operators on available ‘slots’ within the effective EP areas to enable them to plan their services within these managed areas.
• Collate and prepare reports and data sets to support the wider Bus Team to engage with local bus operators on issues pertaining to their performance or adherence to contracts, statutory and voluntary partnerships.
• Collate, analyse and report monitoring data as required to support the effective management of formal and voluntary partnership schemes within the region including Advanced Quality Partnerships (AQPS’s), Enhanced Partnerships (EP’s) and Qualifying Agreements (QA’s).
• Maintain an up-to-date database of bus operator’s vehicle fleet details and periodically provide this to local highways authorities to enable them to provide robust bus priority and Clean Air Zone enforcement activity.
• Work with bus operators, other partners and stakeholders to improve operator performance and adherence of the delivery of the requirements of the formal bus partnership schemes administered by WMCA. This will be demonstrated through the utilisation of data led evidence of adherence and trends. The improvement will be driven through operator liaison, partnership working, and the development of performance improvement plans and mitigations.
• Provide business administrative support functions to the Bus Network Team to ensure the effective performance and delivery of all functions and projects as they emerge.
• To assist in the management and maintenance of the Bus Delivery team’s Sharepoint files and folders.
• To support the Bus Network and Performance Support Officer Services Manager and wider team to establish and encourage good working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the delivery of ad-hoc projects by the West Midlands Bus Alliance and the Bus Delivery Team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 NVQ in Business Administration
Functional Skills if required
Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Review to be undertaken upon completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)