Apprentice Baker (Bread, Cakes & Pastries) Bread Holdings Ltd (The Bread Factory, GAIL's and Bertinet Bakery)
This is not just an apprenticeship, it’s an opportunity for those of all ages and backgrounds to start their career in the world of artisan baking. We'll teach you everything we know about the bakery, from learning traditional bakery methods (from the best bakers in town), to understanding how we package & transport our products to our customers!
Closing date: 04 Sep 2022
At The Bread Factory we pay way well above the apprenticeship wage. You will start on £7 per hour and as you grow your skills your salary will increase to £10 per hour. Once you pass your Apprenticeship, you will be guaranteed a job as a Baker.
Total hours per week: 42.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
19 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
At The Bread Factory, we craft all our bread by hand. During your apprenticeship you will learn:
- The baking industry – Specifically the artisan/craft division
- The bakery supply chain, from ingredients all the way to dispatching to customers.
- The new product development process
- Bakery methods
- How to safely work machinery, such as mixers and industrial ovens
- How to produce products that are safe to consume
- Finishing products e.g. labelling
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops, masterclasses, and webinars.
- A mixture of face to face and online/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks.
- A Review every 12 weeks with your Line Manager and the College.
- An opportunity to obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have them)
- Apprenticeship Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in Baking Industry Skills
- Level 1 maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By the end of your first 12 months, you will earn £10 per hour. Once you pass your Bakery Level 2 Apprenticeship, you will be guaranteed a job as a Baker, where you can then apply for a role as an experienced Baker from £11.75 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.