Level 3 Apprentice Teaching Assistant (PE Department) at Hargate Primary School Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
An apprenticeship with Hargate Primary School is the perfect way to help you decide what job you may want in the future. This opportunity will provide real work experience at the same time as gaining qualifications.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Once you have completed 12 months in the role, your wage will increase to the National Minimum Wage rate for your age range for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Hargate Primary School is a great place to be - we have a high calibre of staff who strive to make a difference in every child’s life. We are judged as being ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
All candidates must be comfortable developing their knowledge and abilities to enable them to deliver a variety of different sports and also provide wider curriculum in-class or one-to-one support to help our children grow in areas such as language, literacy, numeracy, etc. We are looking for candidates with a passion for both sport and learning.
As a member of the school's support staff, your main jobs and duties will consist of:
- Assisting with the planning and preparation of PE & sport provision
- Assisting with the delivery of high quality PE and sport provision to pupils within the school
- Evaluating sessions to recognise and develop improvements
- Assist with preparation of resources for lessons ensuring the sport facilities are available as required for pupil’s learning
- Provide lesson support under the direction of a member of staff and assist teaching staff with supervising pupils
- To work with individuals, small groups and larger groups of pupils
- Provide technical support and assistance where needed to teachers and pupils
- Provide support with extra-curricular activities as required
- Demonstrate, support and supervise pupils in the safe use of equipment
- To ensure a healthy and safe working environment by maintaining a clean, safe and orderly working environment and storing equipment safely
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the relevant person
- Ensure the safety and whereabouts of each pupil at all times during operating hours
- To attend in service training and external training as appropriate, consistent with job role and responsibilities
- To be aware of own training needs and be committed to your own continuing professional development
- To value all pupils and their families regardless of race, culture, religion
- To ensure that in line with safeguarding/child protection procedures, all concerns are reported to the appropriate person in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Work with other professionals as appropriate
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end you will gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard - this will include any Functional Skills as appropriate. The apprenticeship training will be delivered in the workplace, as you will receive visits from a college assessor. The apprenticeship will also include a proportion of 20% Off The Job Training and a robust programme of Mandatory Apprentice Training provided by Sandwell Council to include Workplace Professionalism and Equality and Diversity.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The post is offered on a fixed-term contract to cover the duration of the apprenticeship training. You will receive support and guidance to identify and apply for any further apprenticeships or internal jobs that you are suitably experienced and qualified for. Our 'Next Steps' workshop will help you to identify the skills that you have gained throughout your apprenticeship in order to update your CV and apply for any opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A-C/9-4 or L2 equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.