A busy machine shop based in Soham, Cambridgeshire require an enthusiastic apprentice interested in engineering and passionate in following an Engineering education pathway.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Salaries are reviewed as the apprentice progresses on programme
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Sep 2022
05 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to: Machine Shop Manager
- With close mentoring support, the apprentice will be required to operate standard lathes, milling machines, Saws, and all general machine shop tools (Full training will be given), There will be an opportunity to weld, work with different materials, use AutoCAD and progress to Solid Works.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment and meeting strict delivery dates. They will be expected to be punctual and have high standards in all they do.
- To understand our ISO9001 quality system and how that impacts your role at PDV UK Ltd
- To learn how to run production jobs on the CNC Machines and to carry out all inspection duties required to ensure that parts are manufactured correctly to the drawing and meet tight deadlines.
- To make sure that any machine issues are reported to Machine Shop Manager.
- To be responsible for keeping the areas you are working in and around, clean and tidy.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and to work safely and competently.
- To learn about Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Machine Shop Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician – Machinist Apprenticeship
Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Machining
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibilities of continuing in your engineering education with progression to HNC and continuing employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C and above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)