Trade Counter/ Warehouse Operative Apprentice ADAPTATION SUPPLIES LTD
The role involves carrying out numerous physical related activities such as manual handling, ability to work off both verbal instructions and documents such as delivery notes etc and be able to work off your own initiative to ensure all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role (Training on lifting equipment will be given as required)
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment.
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects; maintain a high level of housekeeping and manage waste effectively
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes; use appropriate MHE or machinery where necessary; ensure items are safely and efficiently packed, assembled and/or disassembled as appropriate
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods; produce relevant paperwork or labelling processes
promote the values of the organisation; communicate effectively with customers and colleagues to identify and meet their needs
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods
- Be able to communicate confidently to internal and external customers
- Identify & communicate to the relevant person (s)
- Identify customer needs
- Recognise the difference between internal and external customers and the relationship between customer satisfaction and organisational performance.
- Be able to use appropriate techniques and forms of communication to put customers at ease and gain their trust.
- Deliver customer service that exceeds customer expectations
Be able to identify customer requirements and referring them onwards in an appropriate manner
- Assisting customers in exploring product ranges
Identify the customers’ requirements, matching them to the trade supplier’s products and services
- Deliver accurate product information, to enable the customer to make a decision on products
- Use appropriate selling techniques, face to face, electronic or on the telephone
- Communicating with customers using various methods and systems appropriate to the situation
- Be able to understand what a USP is and upselling techniques
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will obtain a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operation where they will do their training at Burnley College.
- Training will be delivered on-site one day out of the working week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We are part of a group of companies and are ambitious to grow so you will have plenty of opportunity to grow and develop
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.