Apprentice School Premises Officer Level 2 DISCOVERY SCHOOLS ACADEMIES TRUST LTD
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, inspiring and highly motivated Premises Apprentice to work alongside the premises officer to ensure the hygiene and health and safety of the school.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
25 Aug 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of maintenance and facilities skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace and the academy
- To learn how to maintain resources and equipment and to keep them in good repair
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To assist in the weekly Health and Safety checks
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace
- To carry out or to assist in the day-to-day repairs and servicing of the school, to include but not limited to
*Setting up the hall for assemblies, events, clubs etc
*Ensuring cleaners have sufficient mops, cloths and cleaning suppliesAssisting with deliveries
*Assisting with site security e.g. locking and unlocking gates
*Maintenance of the fish tank
*Collection of fruit and milk/delivering to classes
*Cleaning of the outside of the building e.g. windows, doors, outside of classrooms etc
*Supporting with maintenance checks
*Assisting with painting, minor repairs and directing contractors
*Assisting in recommendations from audits or H and S walks
*To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times during shift
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
A facilities services operative (FSO) is a broad description for a role which provides facilities services support to customers and Facilities Management departments.
An FSO supports hard Facilities Management functions including hings like maintenance and engineering, and soft Facilities Management functions including cleaning, catering, front-of-house logistics, post-room, concierge services and security.
The Level 2 Facilities Services Operative standard will support you to:
- Understand the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace including RIDDOR, COSHH and assessment
- Conduct emergency and evacuation procedures
- Understand the requirement for and conduct, first class customer service
- Be able to distinguish the differences between ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ Facilities Management
- Identify the features of a Service Level Agreement (SLA), contracts and performance of contractors
- Understand trends in Facilities Management – wellbeing, safety, safeguarding and important sustainability requirements
- Carry out conditions survey of property, floors and the building in general.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To move into a full time permanent Premises Officer position within this or one of ther other DSAT schools and the opportunity to continue with their professional development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DISCOVERY SCHOOLS ACADEMIES TRUST LTD
TRAIN TOGETHER LIMITED
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.