Finance Accounts Assistant Apprentice SEVERNDALE SPECIALIST ACADEMY
The Academy is seeking an enthusiastic Finance Apprentice to join our busy school Finance team where you will gain experience and knowledge in all aspects of Finance administration whilst undertaking the AAT qualification.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00
National Minimum wage depending on age
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
04 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support with purchase ordering – sourcing items of best value, placing orders and tracking their delivery
- Supporting with purchase invoice processing – scanning invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders and delivery notes, coding and inputting of invoices onto the finance system, Sage.
- Supporting with maintaining and updating the supplier list
- Supporting with researching best value suppliers
- Supporting with the reconciliation of supplier statements and following up on any discrepancies
- Supporting with the system of credit control
- General Finance Administration
- Responsible for whole school daily snack and milk supplies for students
- Inputting of daily dinner registers into Parent Pay
- Supporting with dinner debts via email, letters and telephone calls
- Update manual and computerised records / information system
- Support with/organise completed forms from parents
- Organise and distribute incoming and outgoing post
- Carry out filing, printing, photocopying and all other administration tasks as required
- Assist with organising parents evening and other meetings and events
- Handling sensitive and confidential information including data entry
- With support, produce lists/information/data as required e.g. pupil data
- Use a variety of IT systems
- Assist with projects when required
- Supporting the admin team as and when necessary including reception cover
- Write and send email responses that are professional and uphold the schools vision and values
- Update and distribute online and offline communications to parents, staff and other stakeholders
Other areas of responsibility
- Read and follow the relevant school policies
- Undertake training required to develop in the role
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in line with the school policies
- Contribute to the safety of children and young people and protect them from harm
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Accounts / Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
Following enrolment, learners engage in a blended programme of training and support that will include attendance at group training sessions in Telford, self-directed learning, email and face-to-face support from their trainer/assessor as well as a programme of training devised by the employer.
Functional Skills in mathematics and English. These provide practical skills to help gain the most out of work, education and everyday life and are assessed by the completion of written and on-line tests
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Severndale Specialist Academy is keen to support and develop the Finance Apprentice in developing their skills and experience whilst undertaking their qualification which will make the apprentice an employee of choice for future vacancies. It is hoped that the successful applicant will continue to work on a permanent basis.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)