Sevenhills Academy are looking for a helpful and good-natured Teaching Assistant Apprentice to assist the teaching staff in the classrooms and during extracurricular activities.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils on either a one-to-one
basis or in small groups.
- Make sure that the pupils you support are able to engage in learning
and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting
any issues when required
- Support the teacher in managing challenging pupil behaviour and
promoting positive behaviour
- Listen to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-
- Guide and monitor pupil progress
- Help with the planning of some lessons
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils
- Carry out administrative duties, such as preparing classroom
- Create art displays of pupils artwork
- Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping
during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
- Help with extracurricular activity such as breakfast and after-school
clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunchtime duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Teaching Assistant consisting of:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Teaching Assistant
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
You will be required to attend a half day session with HBTC where you will work towards any functional skills that you have to take. There will also be an end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to advance in the workplace or go onto Higher Education.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
HULL BUSINESS TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.