Muse is a café situated in Yarm and are looking for a hardworking apprentice Chef to join their team. The right candidate will gain a Level 2 Qualification as a Commis Chef.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Muse is delighted to announce that they are expanding their wonderful team and are looking for an exceptional member to join them.
· To comply with company policy in terms of Food & Safety and Health & Safety, completing and storing all records as outlined in the units HACCUP System.
· To be aware of, implement and maintain company procedures and processes as appropriate.
· Assist with ordering all supplies cost-effectively, alongside Head Chef-, using only nominated and approved suppliers. Keep stocks secure at all times and manage effectively, storing foodstuffs appropriately and maintain accurate records. Avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs.
· Prepare, cook and present all meals attractively, ensuring all meals are served to the standard required-portion size, presentation and what the customer ordered in a timely manner.
· Ensure high standards of cleanliness of the main kitchen area at all times.
· To monitor the cleanliness of the kitchen.
· The importance of keeping preparation surfaces clean, in the interests of hygiene, and the use of different sets of knives, boards and other equipment for raw and cooked foods to prevent cross contamination.
· Understand the importance of the differing food allergies and the importance of taking due care and attention in preparing dishes correctly to avoid any cross contamination which could affect a person’s health.
· Report any equipment defects and withdraw from use immediately.
· Any other reasonable task requested by a supervisor or manager that is within your competence.
· Be aware of, and at all times comply with, all relevant company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including Fire arrangements, Health & Safety issues including moving & handling, COSHH regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required and the correct preparing of recipes and any special dietary requests for our customers.
· Attend and participate in, training sessions and staff meetings.
· Maintain good working relations will all colleagues at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day Release
- Level 2 Qualification Commis Chef
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
P J HOSPITALITY LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)