Assisting an existing and well-established team in the day to day running of a busy adventure travel operations department working in the field of Mountaineering, trekking and skiing expeditions
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities and Duties
- Training and expedition preparation
- Assist expedition leaders on pre-expedition training courses with both indoor and outdoor settings
- Work alongside expedition leaders on trekking and climbing training sessions
- Assist in ‘setting up’ presentation spaces and preparation conferences
- Receive and process hire equipment requests from clients
package and post hire equipment to clients
- Check and process returned hire equipment from clients
- Pack and prepare equipment ready for use on expeditions and courses
- Order expedition equipment, food and communications equipment
- Pack and prepare medical kits
- Pre-expedition administration
- Communicate with ‘in country agents’ around itineraries, hotels and support staff.
- Prepare briefing packs for expedition Leaders
- Arrange delivery of leader’s equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a business Level 3 administration standard.
The training centre location is;
Construction Design Centre , Cricket Inn Road, Sheffield, S2 1TR
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.