We are looking for a young person who is interested in a career in Engineering, specifically machining, Milling and Turning and if they show interest there would also be opportunity for Grinding and Fabricating.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
04 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Read Engineering Drawings
- Use under instruction Manual Milling Machines and Lathes
- Use under instruction CNC Machines, Lathes and Milling Machines
- Use under instructions Drilling Machines
- Identify different types and grades of materials used in the machining process
- Work in a team to produce work of high specification
- Keep the work space clean and tidy at all times
- Other Engineering based duties such as engraving, measuring and checking parts.
This is a varied role and there would be opportunity to continue study on a paid day release basis.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will complete a Level 3 Standard Engineering Technician Apprenticeship If you do not already hold GCSE’s at grade A-C in English, maths and ICT you will complete functional skills in the related subjects to attain Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the opportunity for full time, permanent employement on the completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.