APPRENTICE PATIENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR SOUTH HERMITAGE SURGERY
We are a well established GP surgery with 8,500 patients based in a quiet leafy part of Shrewsbury not far from the town centre. We are a fun and friendly team, offering the opportunity to work with us in a busy, diverse role.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
Monday to Friday 9am - 5.00pm with hour an hour lunch break
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Apr 2023
04 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• To be an integral part of our Patient Services administration team; preparing patient hospital referral letters (including audio typing), following up with patients taking telephone messages and dealing with queries
• Liaising with external organisations on behalf of patients and the GPs, booking and chasing up appointments with hospital consultants.
• Monitoring the Choose & Book worklist, dealing with incoming and outgoing patient correspondence, processing patient referrals online and booking appointments
• Assisting the team with booking patients by telephone for specific clinics such as flu and covid vaccines, health checks, asthma reviews, overdue smears etc
• Scan and process all incoming patient correspondence, filing to correct patient record and coding of clinical information
• Copying and filing of patient medical records
• Processing the incoming post, date stamping and distributing appropriately
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner
- This will also include functional skills if required.
- End point assessment
- Certificate of completion of the standard.
- You may have to attend formal college sessions (if English & maths are required).
- You will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours related to the apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is an opportunity of a permanent position for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH HERMITAGE SURGERY
HEREFORDSHIRE, LUDLOW, AND NORTH SHROPSHIRE COLLEGE
0345 678 9023
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.