Apprentice Engineering Technician (CNC Machinist) SPS AEROSTRUCTURES LIMITED
New Engineering Apprenticeship opportunities have become available for two individuals to train in a Technician role in operating multi axis machines to produce manufactured aerospace components.
Closing date: today
22 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays. Annual performance increase. 4 Quarterly Bonus Payouts % based on company performance. Car Scheme. Cycle to Work Scheme. Free Parking
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
05 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful Apprentices will learn on the job to complete the following as part of their duties:
- Work in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Maintain complex plant and machinery
- Support planned maintenance engineering programmes
- Work closely with mentors and team members
- Diagnose faults in line with processes
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, you will be able to demonstrate the following as a multi Axis CNC machinist. (3,4 & 5 Axis):
- Capable of running and setting Heidenhain, Mazak and Fanuc controls
- Have an excellent understanding of ISO & Mazatrol programming
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of machine processes
- Experience working to tight tolerances
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and self-inspect parts
- Measuring tools used Vernier’s, Callipers, Micrometres, Gauges etc.
- Able to prove out and aid in Technical Machining Related Issues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician (Machinist - Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Pathway)
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
Currently delivered two days per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College, first and second year of learning. One day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College third year of learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
CNC Machinist / CNC Miller / CNC Turner / Moving onto an Engineering Degree
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.