Apprentice Engineering Maintenance Technician SPS AEROSTRUCTURES LIMITED
New Engineering Apprenticeship opportunities have become available for two individuals to train in a Technician role in ensuring that production targets are met using the appropriate technical support in the correction, presentation and elimination of technical problems on machines.
Closing date: today
22 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful Apprentices will learn on the job to complete the following as part of their duties:
- Being responsible for the day-to-day mechanical and electrical maintenance of both sites 1 and 2, at both a preventative and reactive level
- Completion of planned and reactive maintenance tasks in an efficient and effective manner agreed within timescales and to the highest standards
- Following and applying effective safe working in accordance with approved codes of practice governing work with mechanical plant and equipment
- Use of all relevant tools and equipment as necessary for the completion of work within safety guidelines and being responsible for the safe use of said tools and equipment
- Responsibility for managing the subcontractor maintenance support
- Carrying out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder’s capability consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Pathway
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Currently delivered two days per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College, first and second year of learning. One day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College third year of learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Engineer / Maintenance Manager / Degreed Engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.