To support the teaching staff and work with other support staff to enhance the development and education of pupils in accordance with the aims and policies of the school.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
07 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Assist teaching staff in the delivery of learning activities and work programmes and undertake predetermined activities with students so that their intellectual and social development (including self-reliance and self-esteem) is fostered
- Provide input into the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups of students to enable the teaching staff to make informed decisions when developing their plans
- Supervise the activities of individuals or groups of students both in and out of the classroom (including educational visits) to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development in accordance with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor individual student’s progress, achievements and development and report these to the teaching staff/line manager to inform decisions taken regarding the Individual Education Plan, Behaviour Plans and Personal Care Programmes for a student
- Liaise with parents and carers in conjunction with the teaching staff to ensure effective communication concerning the pupils' wellbeing
- Record student information, as specified by the teaching staff/line manager to ensure that schools’ information systems are maintained
- Attend to the personal, social and physical needs of pupils so that their wellbeing is maintained
- Prepare and maintain learning equipment and ensure that the classroom is kept clean and tidy
- Display and present the students' work under the direction of teaching staff, so that it enhances the classroom environment and celebrates achievement
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training development work and staff reviews as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential Full time position for the right candidate after successful completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C+) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Maxim Business Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.