Apprenticeship in Industrial Painting DENHOLM INDUSTRIAL SERVICES LIMITED
Fantastic opportunity to work as an industrial Painting apprentice and become part of our team, working for a company that is 155 years old. We have a 3 year contract and you will receive formal training and gain an accredited trade qualification.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£4.81 per hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
01 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare and maintain working areas for undertaking work safely and effectively.
- Use established safe manual and mechanical handling techniques to move equipment, material and waste.
- Undertake the specified method of surface preparation of the steelwork and the specified method of protective coating application to the required standards.
- Interpret and work to method statements, specifications, inspection and test plans.
- Achieve the specified standard of work including the use of appropriate quality control measuring and test equipment, and instrumentation.
- Identify surface preparation and coatings defects and rectify defective work.
- Identify and correctly use appropriate personal protective and respirator equipment ensuring that it is in good condition and working correctly
The candidate will be trained in the following:
- Full awareness of safety and environmental requirements, including COSHH
- Methods of cleaning
- Methods of surface preparation
- Methods of paint application
Successful apprentices must have the following:
- Have a questioning attitude to work including to understanding the processes used, associated industrial trades and the need to embrace change to ensure best practice.
- Be able to communicate effectively and work effectively with others.
- Be able to think logically using clear and valid reasoning when making decisions.
- Be motivated and accountable for following specified procedures and controls for planning and carrying out their work activities.
- Be accountable for their health and safety, and the health and safety of others.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Industrial Coatings Applicator Level 2.
All training & learning will be delivered on site.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time positions as painters or blasters
- Quality assurance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DENHOLM INDUSTRIAL SERVICES LIMITED
SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
Industrial coatings applicator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.