The NDT apprenticeship training programme prepares individuals with the skills and techniques to eventually take on a role within the NDT function. Non destructive testing is a testing and analysis technique used by industry to evaluate the properties of the steel we produce for characteristic differences or defects.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are contracted to a 36.5 working week. Year 1 - £9995 = £5.26 per hour. Year 1 - £9995. Year 2 - £12964. Year 3 - £15868.
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2022
5 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Generally the following duties would be carried out within the role while under supervision
• Carrying out inspection using different NDT methods to reveal any defects on the external surface of the products.
• Using techniques to interpret the data collected from the tests carried out
• Carrying out visual examinations of the product
• Operation of specific test equipment
• Marking any defects found and following the necessary procedures to rectify the defects
• Creating reports detailing the findings from the inspections
• Preparing materials for presentations of results from inspections and recommendations for rectification of defects
• Reading and interpreting technical drawings and standards for the products requiring inspection.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Non-destructive testing engineering technician level 3.
All training & learning will be delivered on site.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
All our apprentice contracts are a minimum of three years in duration. It is expected that once the apprenticeship has been completed within the three years, the apprentices will apply for their first substantive position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SPECIALITY STEEL UK LIMITED
SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
07881 372 296
Non-destructive testing engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.