Assistant Accountant L3 Apprentice WHITEMOOR ACCOUNTANTS LIMITED
Are you looking to secure a career in accounting working for an accounts practice which truly values it's employees and customers? Do you possess a keen flair with mathematics? If so, read on, as Whitemoor Davis, are looking for a finance apprentice to join their team!
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
01 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining purchase ledgers for various clients
- Checking purchase invoices and inputting onto system
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders
- Obtain authorisation for payment and producing payment run
- Assisting with supplier statement reconciliations
- Organising and filing of invoices
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements
- Company secretarial, confirmation statements and companies house forms
- Answering inbound calls and directing accordingly
- General admin duties where required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be enrolled on the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process. The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices location) through day release. AAT Modules are as follows:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (L2 Unit)
- Bookkeeping Controls (L2 Unit)
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing Indirect Tax
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential to secure a more senior role with additional responsibilities
- The possibility to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship
- The opportunity to progress onto a level 4 accountancy apprenticeship upon completion of the level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.