You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you!
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication
· Booking, amending, rescheduling, and cancelling patient appointments
· Distributing prescriptions
· Action patient care follow- up arrangements as per clinicians’ instructions
· Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
· Providing patients with information about the Practice Services
· General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
· Arranging transport and home visits
· Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order.
· Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
· Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is always observed.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Practitoner Level 2, Funcitional Skills (if needed)
Full training will be provided by the employer, with the support of the training provider.
Each apprentice will be given 20% off their working week to complete 'off the job training' as part of the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Having gained a year’s worth of work experience and a qualification as a Customer Service Practitioner, you would be able to work as a Receptionist in the Primary Care sector or in another similar setting.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
DR TURNER AND PARTNERS
INDEPENDENT TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)