IT Apprentice SOUTH WEST ESSEX COMMUNITY EDUCATION TRUST LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in the field of IT in an educational setting.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice, you will work alongside experienced staff, building up knowledge, skills and responsibility, whilst gaining a professional qualification.
Accountabilities would include:
- To work alongside Trust IT staff to support them within their job roles ensuring the Trust has a successful IT and telecommunications Service.
- Learn on the job – use skills and experience gained within the multiple Trust site networks to develop a future career in the IT Services Industry.
- Ensure all IT equipment is up to date and maintained on a regular basis.
- Manage requests for IT equipment and resources to support learning.
- Setting up of IT equipment for assemblies, prize giving, special presentations, examinations, assessments, lessons.
- Collecting and storing IT equipment and materials safely.
- Maintain IT equipment, undertake basic repairs and basic modifications, reporting all damage to the relevant IT lead.
- Document Management – including maintenance of up-to-date IT documentation and end user guides.
- To ensure all IT requests/faults are logged on the IT helpdesk and followed up until resolved.
- To ensure all network security breaches are investigated, documented and logged. Passing reports to the relevant IT lead.
- To update records and report issues relating to the schools’ wireless systems.
- To update records and report issues relating to the schools’ door entry systems.
- To proactively monitor and report issues relating to the schools’ IT systems.
- To Monitor and report issues relating to the schools’ broadband systems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
This standard aligns with the following professional recognition:
RITTech for 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Typical job titles include:
- 1st & 2nd line support telecoms technician
- Cloud technician
- Communications technician
- Cyber/security support
- Data centre support technician
- First-line support
- Help desk support
- It field technician
- It support analyst
- It support officer
- Maintenance support technician
- Network field operative
- Network support
- Office it technician
- Telecommunications technician
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.