As an IT Support apprentice you will undertake various tasks/duties to support clients of various sizes and technical abilities. You will set up, maintain and upgrade new/existing desktop equipment for clients, with advice of colleagues where necessary, in order to meet SLAs and to maintain client satisfaction.This apprenticeship is with Babington.
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Aug 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To set up new equipment for clients to specification using the established procedures, to ensure that SLAs are adhered to and customer satisfaction maintained.
- To undertake maintenance work on clients’ equipment to specification using the established processes and procedures, to ensure that SLAs are adhered to and customer satisfaction maintained.
- To log all work/activity undertaken in ConnectWise, in order to ensure client data is accurately maintained.
- To answer incoming calls within SLAs, and to transfer or log requests using ConnectWise.
- To manage cases effectively to ensure that clients are kept up to date with progress, that each case is handled appropriately, that the status of each case is kept up to date in ConnectWise and is closed off or reassigned as appropriate.
- To seek advice from your Team Leader and Service Desk colleagues as necessary in order to ensure technical issues are addressed appropriately, and to escalate matters in a timely manner if it becomes necessary.
- To work as part of a team in order to assist colleagues, to cover for absences, etc. in order to ensure that Company standards are maintained and objectives met.
- To follow the course requirements for the appointed Apprenticeship Scheme, keeping up to date with course work and individual studies, through utilising time assigned whilst at work as well as studying outside of work.
- To comply with the company’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) and all relevant policies to ensure that information security is maintained at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Information Communication Technician apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills maths and english level 2 if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Strong potential for career progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.