A excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Apprentice at CAV Systems; based in Consett, County Durham. The company are looking for an ambitious individual, with a keen interest in pursuing a career in Finance. This employer offers a cycle scheme, discounts and allowances as well as on-site free parking as well as many other benefits.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
£9,754.68 - 16/17 £13,851.24 - 18+ £19,266 - 20+
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
30 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Apprentice at CAV Systems; a leading manufacturing company based in Consett, County Durham. The company are looking for an ambitious individual, with a keen interest in pursuing a career in Finance. The purpose of this role is to provide effective support to the rest of Finance team and to undertake various finance based tasks. The employer will fully support the successful candidate through their apprenticeship and offers great progression opportunities.
Main duties include:
· Process payments and vendor bills
· Reconcile balance sheets
· Produce reports for stakeholders across the business
· Support budgeting and periodic reforecasting processes
· Use of accountancy software such as Sage, Xero, VT, and Quickbooks
· Using the company’s ERP system on a daily basis (Infor Cloudsuite Industrial)
· Purchase Ledger, sales ledger and matching up supplier invoices
· General administration duties where required
· Liaising with customers on the telephone and email, and dealing with enquiries
· Month End Statements
· VAT returns
These duties are not exhaustive and other duties may be required.
Probationary period applies.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided
Level 2 Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
AAT Level 2
· Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
· End-Point Assessment (EPA)
· Training delivered by Access Training through a mixture of projects, training workshops and one to one support. Attendance to Access Training, one day per week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be great progression opportunities for the successful candidate to go on to further qualifications after the apprenticeship. The company view this apprentice position as a long term opportunity for an individual to progress within their organisation and they are committed to supporting the candidate’s progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A/C - 4/9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.