Apprentice Lift Truck Technician CROWN LIFT TRUCKS LIMITED
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is looking to learn the skills needed to develop a career as a forklift engineer. This apprenticeship role is an excellent opportunity to combine on the job working, excellent training and development and the opportunity to work for a great company.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
29 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A forklift truck service engineer has a real responsibility, working on their own initiative to diagnose and solve problems.
You are the one the customer relies upon to get his business up to speed.
Good engineers are in high demand and this will only increase over the years to come.
You’re looking at a secure, long-term career, in an industry and company that is here to stay.
As a workshop engineer you will service and repair forklifts. You will be trained in all aspects of service engineering within the industry including getting hands-on with hydraulics, LPG and electric systems – putting your skills to the test daily to find the problem and fix it.
Learn how to install, repair and carry out planned maintenance of customer forklift trucks to Crown specifications. Undertake an appropriate engineering apprenticeship, completing set modules on time and attending college as necessary.
• Work shadow a colleague, and develop an understanding of workshop procedures through on job training.
• Attend manufacturers training and other training courses as appropriate.
• Learn Crown administrative procedures, and how to complete worksheets, timesheets etc.
• Assist in keeping customer trucks secure and clean whilst in the workshop.
• Ensure security and correct use and issue of all tools and spares issued.
• Understand and adhere to all Crown Company, legislative and Health and Safety procedures.
• Under close supervision, ensures all work undertaken meets industry and Crown work standards.
• To build and maintain good relationships with customers, colleagues and managers.
• Undertakes other duties which Crown may from time to time reasonably request.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus will include:
LIFT TRUCK AND POWERED ACCESS ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - Level 3 - Apprenticeship Standard
Functional Skills Maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To progress within the business as a Forklift Engineer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
CROWN LIFT TRUCKS LIMITED
THE SMB GROUP
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.