Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Hyde Park Junior School
Hyde Park are seeking to appoint two highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistants to join our dedicated team. Working as part of the team across Key stage 1 and Key stage 2 you will support high quality learning and provision. This vacancy is being managed by Plymouth Argyle Community Trust.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
29 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be working as part of the whole school and under the direction of the Leaders to provide a safe, high quality education and care for young children and to maintain a stimulating and enjoyable environment.
The job involves working from instructions, but making minor decisions involving the use of
initiative. Problems are referred to a supervisor / manager. Little close supervision is necessary beyond that provided by working arrangements and methods.
Duties for this role will include:
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum
- To help set up the learning environment for the daily programme and help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all equipment is always clean and safe
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
- Advise the Early Years Leaders/Managers of any concerns regarding the welfare of the children, safeguarding, parents/carers or the safety of the equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans
- To advise children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
- To attend staff meetings
- To attend parent’s evenings
- To attend training courses
- To respect confidentiality and any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- To keep up to date with current good practice
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Leaders/Managers, in accordance with the Pre-school business plans/objectives
- To effectively communicate with parents/carers
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post In line with corporate standards the successful candidate will always act in accordance with appropriate legislation and regulations, codes of practice, the provisions of Horizon Multi Academy Trust’s constitution and its policies and procedures.
- Work within the requirements of the Trust’s Health and Safety policy, performance standards, safe systems of work and procedures.
- Undertake all duties with due regard to the corporate equalities policy and relevant legislation.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a GCSE in English and maths at grade 4/C or above, or equivalent
- Be committed to building and maintaining positive relationships within the early years and its community
- Have experience of working with groups and individual children with a friendly, flexible approach
- Be a team player with very good communication skills
- Have the understanding to plan and develop learning opportunities for the children based on their interests.
- A supportive, friendly, and hardworking team
- A school that is committed to seeing all children flourish
- Supportive parents and governors
- Children and staff who enjoy learning together
- A commitment to your own professional development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the 15-18 month apprenticeship, you will work towards the following:
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.