Become an Apprentice with KSB Limited in conjunction with Loughborough College and learn how to assist with the overhaul of rotating equipment and valves, whilst developing good engineering practices and applying them on a daily basis in the role.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
25 days per annum plus bank holidays. Pro-rata holiday for the year of joining. Overtime may be available and discussed. Salary will be kept under review together with progress.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
29 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Produce technical reports of rotating equipment & valves.
- Understand and learn about pump components and their functions.
- Assist with the assembly of new pump set build units.
- Assist with the rigging of pumps for testing purposes.
- Pressure testing of repaired pumps.
- Spray painting of repaired equipment.
- Lifting and slinging.
- Basic understanding of operation of machine shop equipment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
- Level 3 BTEC Award in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of a successful apprenticeship a permanent position will be offered.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.