General administration apprentice Harris Academy Ockendon
To support administration of the academy, including reception and administration support for Heads of Faculties and Curriculum Area Leaders Responsible to: Head of Administration Responsible for: Postholders, teaching staff, associate staff and students within the Faculty
Closing date: 27 Oct 2022
Salary range: £9379.50 - £18525.00
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Oct 2022
01 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be responsible to the Head of Administration for the provision of clerical and administrative support to the academy and senior leadership team, including reception, attendance, admissions, Free School Meals, staff cover and other areas as required.
- To undertake clerical and administrative duties in support of the Main Office, Senior Leadership Team, Sixth Form, Heads of Faculties and other areas of the academy, as required.
- To be responsible for managing on a day-to-day basis the word processing of letters, reports and minutes as required, plus the production of certificates, posters and other publications.
- To be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets, as required.
- To input data and extract reports to the Academy’s Management Information System in accordance with agreed procedures and to interrogate and update the systems when necessary.
- To maintain the Academy’s Free School Meals records, including checking eligibility provided by the Local Authority FSM service.
- To provide administrative support to the Sixth Form, including co-ordinating admissions, interviews, internships, trip pack documentation and all other sixth form support as required.
- To provide support to the Examination Officer, including assisting with preparation of examination entries, documentation and examination setup, as required.
- To provide support for events/programmes. i.e. Open Days, Parents Evenings, careers interviews, medical immunisations and other items, as required
- To manage academy refreshments for meetings and functions, as required.
- To receive and welcome visitors to the academy and provide the academy’s response to their inquiry, at all times to deal sensitively with pupils, and to liaise with parents as required
- To conduct and filter telephone inquiries liaising with staff as necessary.
- To promote the Academy and Federation policies in a manner compatible with the duties of the post.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
- In discharging the duties of the post to have due regard to the provisions of the Health and Safety at work legislation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Knowledge Training Test
- Skills Test
- Oral Questioning – underpinned by portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Harris Academy Ockendon
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Whitney Kontoh Afful
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.