An excellent opportunity has arisen for learning and developing key horticultural skills on a private estate near Henley-on-Thames. Expansive lawns, glasshouse, walled garden and herbaceous borders provide plenty of scope for the right candidate to forge a great career path in the industry.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
The weekly pay is negotiable for the right candidate.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
27 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake tasks including but not limited to: grass cutting,
edging, strimming, seasonal lawn care, propagation,
weeding, irrigation, hedge cutting, pruning, training,
planting, staking, composting, mulching, harvesting
- General wider estate duties such as feeding hens, jet
- Use of a wide range of hand tools and machinery
- Work in a manner that ensures the health and safety of
yourself and all others on site
- Liaise with the owner, head gardener and other employees
to ensure the smooth day to day running of the estate
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release into college at Berkshire College of Agriculture campus based near Maidenhead
- Learners will work through their E-Portfolio throughout their programme and will have an independent end point assessment at the end of their programme
- Maths and English functional Skills may be required dependent on GCSE grades, these are a part of your day release to college if required
- Emergency First Aid – Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Pesticides: Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
- Level 2 Standard Horticulture Operative Qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time permanent position will be reviewed upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MRS JANE IBRAHIM
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.