Engineering Operative Apprentice REDDIFAST STEELS LTD
Apprentice required to operate a steel slitting machine to support the manufacture of barriers & bollards.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2023
8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday - with 30 minutes for lunch
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
26 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with an experienced and skilled slitting machine operator.
- Operate a sllitting machine, which cuts a coiled flat sheet of steel to various widths.
- Learn about metallurgy and coatings and support the manufacture of barriers & bollards.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Operative level 2.
- The college will be In-Comm Training Services in Walsall, WS9 8UG. Please ensure you can travel to this address, as well as to the company premises.
- The training will be 1 day per week, for 15 months.
Whilst at college, you will cover units in:
- Engineering Environmental Awareness.
- Engineering Techniques.
- Engineering Maths and Science Principles.
- Engineering Material Processes.
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisation Safety requirements.
- Working efficiently & effectively in advanced manufacturing & engineering.
- Using & interpreting engineering data & documentation.
- Conduct Business Improvement Techniques.
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting techniques.
- Preparing & using lathes for Turning operations.
- Preparing & using Milling machines.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is an opportunity to learn a skill which is in demand and quite unique. You will also learn about metals and coatings and operate a variety of machinery in a full time role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
REDDIFAST STEELS LTD
UNIT 6 STOURDALE RD
PORTERFIELD TRADING EST
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.