Bott Ltd have exciting opportunities for 3 Metal Fabricator apprentices to join their engineering team based at their production site in Bude. As Metal Fabricator apprentices you will learn to become skilled engineers and gain practical knowledge in engineering practices such as, CNC, Machining, Fabrication, Welding and Design.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£7 per hour
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
27 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be required to observe, learn and understand a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will work closely with other members of the engineering team working on your skills in:
As you progress through your apprenticeship you will:
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
- Develop the skills to construct or modify products from verbal instructions and drawings
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
- Keep log of projects that have been undertaken and record the skills learned.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be required to attend St Austell College for day release during term times whilst you work towards your qualification
- You will achieve Level 3 Metal Fabricator qualification
- Other mandatory qualifications
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there could be potential to progress within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.