Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship - Ewell, Epsom, Surrey Wallace Fields Infant School
As an Apprentice Early Years Educator Level 3, you will provide safe, high quality education and care for children in line with relevant national regulations and guidance under the direction of the Class/Nursery Teacher.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Term time only contract
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
12 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the Nursery Class Teacher in ensuring that the Nursery meets the relevant national regulations and guidance.
- To assist the Nursery Class Teacher to deliver a fully inclusive environment for early years childcare and learning
- To contribute to the process of monitoring the effectiveness of the nursery curriculum and actively engage with children to support their learning.
- Ensure that children, whilst in the Nursery, have access to appropriate practical and play based activities to support their physical, emotional, social and intellectual development giving consideration to ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Ensure equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high and safety procedures are implemented at all times
- To support the Nursery Class Teacher in providing a safe environment for children, staff and others. This will entail organizing the setting before and after the daily programme of activities.
- To liaise with parents / carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognized and met.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Paediatric First Aid
- Training provided by the employer and Nescot, Ewell, Epsom, Surrey.
- College contact will be every other Friday.
- Working days will be Monday to Friday. Shifts between 7:30am and 6:30pm.
- 37.5 hours per week (to include College contact)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Typical job roles are nursery nurse, playworker, childminder, teaching assistant, educational support assistant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or higher) Essential
Other Paediatric First Aid Certificate (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Wallace Fields Infant School
NORTH EAST SURREY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY (NESCOT)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.