In this production role, you will be a crucial part of the manufacturing team, welding reinforcements steel to customer specification. You will be responsible for interpreting drawings and measurements, ensuring total quality. Our production team work work fast paced, operating various tools such as callipers and angle grinders to prepare steel.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
25 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Create CARES approved welds, according to customer specification
- Inspect welds for accuracy
- Prepare products to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling and cutting steel parts
- Change welding equipment as needed
- Package and move all finished products to the correct location
- Ensure all equipment is properly set up and used in a safe manner
- Operate forklift/crane, if required and trained
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Welding Apprenticeship Standard:
The training for this apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of 15 months, with the apprentice required to attend In-Comm Training in Shrewsbury 1 day a week, to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects.
- General and Welding Specific Health and Safety
- Dimensional and Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Welding Procedures, Parameters and Symbols
- Testing and Inspection
- Welding Defects
- MIG, MAG and FCAW processes
- MMA Processes
- TIG-TAG and PAW Processes
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a permanent position after completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.