This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Accrington. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties within this role include:
- Assist the Dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions.
- Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing the digital images.
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history, and radiographs on the computer system.
- Assist the Hygienist with clinical procedures such as scale and polishes and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments.
* Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam and normal domestic
* Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery
* Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments, and recording information on the dental software system
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will work towards achieving a level 3 qualification in dental nursing with experience in a busy dental practice.
Upon completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be an experienced and qualified dental nurse, and as such you can continue building up skills that will always be in demand. Career breaks and part time working are often possible. You could then progress to acquire specialist qualifications in areas such as sedation, dental radiography and oral health education.
You may take on more responsibilities as a trainer for other dental nurses or move into a management role within your dental practice, or decided to apply for a course to qualify as a dental hygienist or therapist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.