The King's Academy - Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
To work under the instruction of teaching staff, delivering specific support to the teacher in the care of students and management of the classroom. This may include providing small group, or 1 to 1 individual pupil support which may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 33.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Support to Students
- Provide pastoral support to students within the school environment.
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters.
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted for students.
- Involvement in the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour/Support/Mentoring plans.
- Provide general support to students, ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice.
- Accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
Support to Teacher
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
- Support the teacher in the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans.
- Assist in maintaining classroom discipline through the implementation of the schools behaviour management strategies.
- Deliver intervention support to students to achieve learning goals, e.g. guided reading.
- Supervise students for a particular curriculum activity under the supervision and guidance of a qualified teacher.
- Assist the teacher with the planning of learning activities.
- Assist the teacher in monitoring students’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Co-ordinate and organise students attending extra curricular activities/work experience or other out of school activities under guidance of teacher.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on students’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Provide general admin support, for classroom activities e.g. produce worksheets for agreed activities etc.
Support to Curriculum
- To provide support in literacy/numeracy/SEN strategies.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use.
- Contribute to curriculum planning, evaluation and implementation.
- Contribute to development of school policies and procedures by participation in working groups.
- Contribute to the development, preparation and dissemination of appropriate materials.
- The post holder is required to be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT if required
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
- Functional skills if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade Level 4 / Grade C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.