Manufacturing Apprentice - Lean Manufacturing Apprenticeship LANDER AUTOMOTIVE LTD.
The company is looking for Manufacturing Operatives to work on the production line equipment, assembling items such as armrests, fluid, air, coolant pipes etc. as well as packing goods and adhering to 5S controls.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2022
when the hours increase to 38 hours per week, you will be paid £11,994.32 per year.
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
26 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Lean Manufacturing Operative, your day to day duties will include:
- Operating production line equipment like bend, end form, drill, press and wash machines
- Assembling items on a production line including, but not limited to, armrests, fluid, air, coolant pipes etc.
- Strictly following all safety guidelines / rules on site and safe systems of work
- Record and monitor non-conforming material for disposal
- Reporting equipment faults quickly in line with production procedures
- Complete hourly target checks to ensure cell production metrics are achieved and record details on the relevant documentation
- Follow standardised work instructions and procedures to achieve quality and throughput targets
- Monitoring production processes, carrying out and recording basic testing and quality checks, in line with our IATF16949 Standards on site
- Adhere to Lean Processes and identify ways to improve quality, safety or process efficiency via the Lean Manufacturing tool Kaizen
- Packing goods in line with procedures and company packaging instructions and customer requirements
- 5S - maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in your areas and adherence to 5S controls
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This qualification will be Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship and will be delivered over a period of 12 months.
Training will be on site at the company's premises.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are opportunities to progress to a level 3 Diploma qualification in a number of disciplines i.e.
- Fabrication and Welding
- Improvement Technician
- Team Leader and Supervisor
- Transport and Warehouse Operations Supervisor
- Procurement and Supply Assistant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.