We are a family run vineyard in the Crouch Valley Region of Essex. Established in 2006, primarily producing grapes as an alternative cash crop with some additional small scale still & sparkling wine production. Work on the vineyard still has to coexist with the continued operations of a 300 acre family farm and 250 acres of arable contracting.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
We like to pay fairly and happy to apply a bonus on performance increases. Once we get to know you and your needs we are happy to consider a change in hours to help suit your needs.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
20 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working with existing vineyard operatives, assisting in the yearly operations of a vineyard and small winery. Areas of work involved wll be:
- Pruning and trellis management, canopy management in spring and summer, weed management. pest and disease control, yield estimation and yield management, maturity estimation and harvesting, vineyard establishment, machinery and equipment use.
- You will also be involved in our winemaking as we produce limited volumes of still & sparkling wines for local interest. This will involve pressing, racking tanks, bottling, disgorging, labelling, etc.
Help with general building maintenance will also be required.
- You may also be requested for tractor operations on the arable farm side at peak seasonal times if needed.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be training as Crop Technician Level 3 (Viticulture).
- Teaching will be held on campus at Plumpton Agricultural College. This will be backed up with practical work and training on site in the vineyard.
- Training will be block release.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are an expanding family business and are looking for someone to join our ‘family’ for the long term.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.