We are looking for a Finance Assistant role in busy finance team. We will offer an apprenticeship for you to qualify for your Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, we will also review your salary in line with your progression.
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an entry level role and we don’t expect you have relevant experience although we will consider candidates who are already in a junior finance role and looking to take their next step. We will provide you with the required guidance and training, but you will bring a positive attitude and a clear desire to learn and build a career in finance.
- Allocate payments and receipts to the bank and undertake bank reconciliations
- Work with the Credit Control Manager to request payments from customers
- Maintain the Purchase Order system dealing with supplier queries as necessary
- Review of monthly expense claims
- Monthly credit card reconciliations
- Maintain petty cash
- Issue and reconcile cash advances
- Process all intercompany payments
- Prepare journals for posting to SAGE
- Ad hoc support for the finance team as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- At the end of the successful apprenticeship, you will gain a Finance Assistant Level 2 Certificate
- You will receive on the job training at your place of work, as well as online support from your training provider
- Training and development will be an ongoing from the day you start
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, we will discuss where you would like to see your career progress. We will put a development plan into place to suit your ambition and progression.
Should you wish to continue with your studies, we are happy to support you with this as this will help with the progression of your career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.