GJ Agri Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a General Farm Worker apprentice to join their family run business. As a General Farm Worker at GJ Agri you will carry out a range of activities such as caring for livestock, crop management and tractor work.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£4.81 per hour
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
21 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of the duties required in this role will include the following:
As an apprentice you will get involved with all aspects of the farm business. The main duties will include:-
- Tractor work; Topping, Raking, Wrapping
- Tree planting
- Excavator driving
- Moving fences
- Tending to livestock (have over 200 sheep and 20 cattle)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will take place at attend Bicton college for block release
- Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to take the tests for this level prior to taking the end-point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
- Other mandatory qualifications
Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work, which is a minimum of 1-day course (Ofqual regulated)
- Level 2 City & Guilds Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance or Lantra Safe use of Pesticides’
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After successful completion of the Level 2 General Farm Worker the apprentice could progress onto the Level 3 Livestock Unit Technician
- Opportinity to progress as a full time employee with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.