Accounts and Finance Assistant Apprentice SOMERSET ROAD EDUCATION TRUST
The Accounts and Finance Assistant Apprenticeship is a key support role that underpins our financial operations, ensuring that processing is kept up to date and that records are accurately recorded. You will have exposure to several elements of the School and work across varied accounts and projects.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Actual Salary: pro rated for Term time only plus 2 weeks £7,676.88 to £15,161.84 (£4.81 to £9.50 per hour) To be agreed depending on age and experience.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
10 Sep 2022
21 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist with processing of all purchase orders across the trust, ensuring delivery from external suppliers and that delivery notes match and are accurately recorded within the management information system.
- Assist with the processing of on-line ordering for each of the schools and ensuring prompt delivery of such.
- Assist with checking goods received, reconciling to orders and resolving any resulting issues or queries with the supplier.
- Assist with the central dispatch of all client invoices processed in a timely fashion for any income due to the schools and for outreach work completed.
- Assist with the weekly/monthly reconciliation of credit card statements across the schools within the Trust.
- Assist with the reconciliation of supplier statements prior to payment, investigating and resolving any discrepancies.
- Assist with the reconciliation of payroll across the Trust and the posting of journals in this connection.
- Provide cover for the daily desk when necessary within the schools.
- Assist with filing of financial records and aid with the preparation of audit preparation files/information for internal scrutiny & external audit.
- Deal with stakeholder phone and email queries courteously, professionally and in a timely manner. Assisting with returns that have a financial impact such as staff sickness, supply insurance etc.
- Assist with a range of office, administrative and ad-hoc finance related tasks as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Accounts Assistant Apprenticeship standard with an additional AAT level 2 qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A future position will be available to the right candidate with the option of progression onto level 3 or 4 Accountancy on completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WILTSHIRE COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
Wiltshire College and University Centre Apprenticeship Team
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.