Wyvern @ The Levels have a career opportunity for an enthusiastic person to take on a varied and rewarding role and complete an apprenticeship in EY. You will need plenty of passion, dedication and the desire to fulfil your dreams. We are a friendly and supportive team with many apprentices who gain employment with us.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will need to:
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Play a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues.
- Inspire, plan and create learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities.
- To observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Diploma: Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce.
- Standard: Early Years Educator.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
- Work towards a first aid qualification.
The programme will consist of face to face tutor led knowledge sessions at Taunton or Ilminster once per fortnight. Apprentices will spend a minimum of six hours independent study at a venue to be agreed with the employer on the alternate week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years Foundation Degree and may lead to employment with the Wyvern Nursery group
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WYVERN NURSERY LIMITED
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.