A Barristers Clerk is responsible for managing the practices of the barristers in chambers. The clerking teams provide a crucial role in ensuring our barristers diaries and administration are managed efficiently. The clerks manage the whole process including fee negotiations.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
20 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Assisting the Senior clerks with the day to day management of their Barrister teams.
- Entering of briefs, instructions and correspondence on to chambers system.
- Monitoring of criminal court lists.
- Monitoring and distribution of Chambers incoming emails.
- Location and/or retrieval of the briefs from the case management system on a daily basis.
- General clerking duties and undertake additional duties as requested by clerks or members of chambers.
- Represent Linenhall Chambers in a professional, efficient, courteous and friendly manner.
- Act as an ambassador for Linenhall Chambers at all times.
- Comply at all times with chamber’s policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for own health and safety whilst at work and the health and safety of colleagues and customers.
- Undertake any other duties that are determined as necessary for the needs of the business that are commensurate with the grade of the post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skill in the relevant subjects.
Other training will include;
- Office 365
- Clerking processes and procedures
- Time Management
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Marketing & Business Development
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future, permanent full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.