ATA IT Support Apprentice J3149 SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
A great opportunity has arisen within a pharmaceutical company in Barnstaple for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will be offered training & study support and report into the IT Service Desk Manager.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
17 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide customer support
- Track and assign open incidents, work with other service desk colleagues
- Actively use ITSM software and asset tracking application
- Provide desktop, laptop, printer, and software troubleshooting services
- Evaluate new software and hardware solutions
- Install and test new software
- Inventory (register) software and hardware and keep updated at all times
- Perform backup functions - monitor backups and prepare backup tapes for off-site storage
- Manage IT user documentation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Information communications technician Apprenticeship consists of:
Module 1: Introduction and Core IT Principles
Module 2: Core Cloud and Network Principles
Module 3: Operating System Fundamentals
Module 4: Azure, M365 & Advanced IT Principles
All preparing the apprentice for the Gateway and End Point Assessment
This standard aligns with the following professional recognition:
RITTech for 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is expected (but not guaranteed) that on successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will be offered a full time contract.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.