The right candidate will be offered the opportunity to train and gain experience as a scaffolder within our company. This role will be based in Swindon with training to take place at Weston College, Weston super mare.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
06 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with a suitable scaffold gang.
- Working from either a lorry or loading bay scenario.
- Erection and dismantle of scaffold.
- Starting with labouring duties and working towards a part 1 qualification, continuing on to Level 2.
- Learning the correct procedures to varying scaffold works
- Learning about temporary works.
- Being made aware of all Health & safety requirements and what is expected from each individual.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Intermediate Scaffolder Level 2.
- Functional Skills in maths and English if not previously attained.
- 20% off the job training.
- Block release at Weston College Construction Training Centre.
- Visits from a Work Based Learning Assessor.
- In-house training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunities to get trained in other areas such as forklift driving, first aid etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D - 9/A or equivalent) Desired
About the employer
COMBINED SCAFFOLDING LTD
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.